If you are looking for a pair of boxing gloves, I’m sure that you are probably overwhelmed by the sheer number of brands that are available these days.
Some of them are budget-friendly, others are made primarily for professionals, and so on. While you can always draw the conclusion from online reviews, keep in mind that most of these reviews are posted just a few days after their purchase – which means they don’t mention the durability of the boxing gloves and that’s just one example.
That’s why I’ve decided to put together an article about top boxing glove brands and their unique features.
7 Brands That Stood the Test of Time
While there are a lot more than seven brands of boxing gloves on the market, in my personal opinion, these seven stood the test of time and most boxers, amateurs, and professionals alike simply love them.
So, without further ado, let’s jump onto the list.
1. Winning: The Undisputed Champion of Boxing Gloves
If you’re looking to be the Floyd Mayweather of your boxing gym, then Winning is the brand for you. Handcrafted in Japan with the finest materials, these gloves are top-of-the-line, although expensive. Here’s what makes them special:
- Quality: It’s said that if you can’t make it to Japan, owning a pair of Winning gloves is the next best thing. Each pair is hand-made from genuine leather with quality stitching.
- Padding: The padding of top boxing gloves needs to be perfect and Winning does not fail here. It’s an equal combination of softness, consistency, and protection.
- Price: Expect to pay an arm and a leg for these bad boys. But hey, when you’re walking around with the Rolls Royce of boxing gloves, it’s a small price to pay for bragging rights.
Summary and notes: These boxing gloves are made primarily for professionals and that’s why they are quite expensive. A lot of professional fighters like Mayweather and Erik Morales used this brand.
2. Cleto Reyes: The Mexican Marvel
Ah, Cleto Reyes, the boxing gloves that pack a punch harder than a tequila shot. Known as the “puncher’s glove,” these Mexican-made gloves are loved by power hitters and feared by their opponents. Here’s why:
- Leather: These gloves are made of goat leather, which provides that extra level of durability, and they smell a whole lot better than your gym bag.
- Compact Design: With a tighter fit and less padding, your punches will be as sharp as a mariachi band’s trumpet.
- Breaking-In Period: Be prepared to feel like you’re cuddling a porcupine for the first few weeks. But hey, no pain, no gain, right?
Summary and notes: Favorite choice of Mike Tyson, Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, and other famous fighters.
3. Rival: The Canadian Contender
Rival may be the Justin Bieber of boxing glove brands, but don’t let that discourage you. Manufactured in Montreal, these gloves are designed for those who want a mix of comfort, protection, and style without breaking the bank. Here’s what makes them stand out:
- Technology: With fancy-sounding term like “Ergo Xtreme Strap System”, Rival gloves are like wearing a spaceship on your hands.
- Fit: If you have a love-hate relationship with your Velcro straps, these gloves might just be your perfect match. Their unique strap system ensures a snug, secure fit.
- Color Options: Rival offers a wide range of colors, so you can match your gloves to your mood, your shoes, or even your pet chameleon.
Summary and notes: For both amateurs and pros, Rival boxing gloves are a great choice if you are looking for a more affordable compromise, yet still prefer better-than-average quality and more than basic color designs.
4. Everlast: The Rocky Balboa of Boxing Gloves
I don’t think this particular brand needs an introduction. Nevertheless, Everlast is the brand that has been around the block, up the stairs, and back down again. They’re the tried and true classic, like a good pair of jeans or a leather jacket. With an affordable price tag, they’re the go-to gloves for beginners and seasoned pros alike. Here’s the lowdown on Everlast:
- Accessibility: You can find Everlast gloves in almost any sporting goods store, so no need to embark on a quest to find the Holy Grail of boxing gloves.
- Variety: Everlast offers a range of gloves to suit your needs, from basic training gloves to more advanced Pro Style models.
- Durability: These gloves might not be the most durable option on the market, but hey, when they’re priced like a fast-food meal, who can complain?
Summary and notes: One of the most known brands, Everlast has a huge variety of boxing gloves to cover all ranges for all kinds of boxers. They were also the favorite choice of Muhammad Ali.
5. Hayabusa: The High-Tech Heavy Hitter
Yet another Japanese brand on our list. I wonder why. Hayabusa is known for its sleek designs and cutting-edge technology. If you’re looking for a glove that screams “I’m from the future”, Hayabusa is your brand. Here’s what makes them unique:
- Innovative Materials: With their patented foam technology and high-quality microfiber leather, Hayabusa gloves feel like a cozy cloud around your fist. They also boast that their T3 gloves use “Vylar-2 Engineered Leather”, which they claim is completely vegan.
- Design: Featuring a pre-curved design and dual strap system, these gloves are like a second skin, perfect for those who want to feel one with their gloves.
- Cleanliness: Hayabusa gloves have an antimicrobial lining, so you can say goodbye to that funky glove smell (you know the one).
Summary and notes: With innovative design and technology, Hayabusa boxing gloves are one of the best choices out there. Pricing is various but in general somewhere between Winning and Everlast.
6. TITLE Boxing: The Budget-Friendly Brawler
Now if are entering a more budget-friendly area. If you’re just starting out or simply don’t want to invest in a pricey pair of gloves, TITLE Boxing is here to save the day. These gloves offer a decent level of protection and comfort without breaking the bank. Here’s what makes TITLE Boxing gloves a solid choice:
- Affordability: If you’re on a tight budget or just dipping your toes into the world of boxing, TITLE gloves are a great entry-level option.
- Customization: TITLE offers various customization options, so you can have a unique pair of gloves that won’t be confused with your gym buddy’s.
- Protection: While they may not be as durable or protective as their pricier counterparts, TITLE gloves still offer a good level of protection for your hands.
Summary and notes: Considering the price of these gloves, TITLE is without a doubt one of the best budget-friendly brands currently on the market.
7. Venum: The Venomous Viper of Boxing Gloves
Step aside, snakes; there’s a new viper in town. Venum, a brand known for its stylish designs and bold colors, is a top contender in the boxing glove market. Originating from the world of mixed martial arts, Venum has made its presence known in boxing with gloves that are as eye-catching as they are effective. Here’s what makes Venum gloves stand out:
- Design: Venum gloves boast unique and vibrant designs that ensure you’ll be the center of attention in any boxing gym. If you’re looking to make a statement, Venum has got you covered.
- Versatility: These gloves are not only suitable for boxing but also for other combat sports, like Muay Thai and kickboxing. Talk about a well-rounded contender!
- Padding: Venum gloves offer solid padding and wrist support, ensuring you can throw punches without worrying about your hands turning into a bruised mess.
- Price Range: Venum offers gloves at various price points, catering to everyone from the casual gym-goer to the aspiring professional.
Summary and notes: Similarly to TITLE, Venum is also one of the best budget-friendly options out there. While they also make MMA gloves, their “Elite” subcategory offers some great boxing gloves for the price.
There you have it, that’s my list of top boxing glove brands on the market. If you are looking for a pair that will be with you for a good decade or more, look at the first five choices. You will pay extra, but in my opinion, it’s well worth it.
If you are looking for something budget-friendly, yet still great quality, stick to Venum, Everlast or TITLE.
Lastly, please keep in mind there are other very good budget-friendly brands that I have not mentioned, like RDX, Ringside, Sanabul, and so on, however, I felt like these do not offer any distinguishable and unique features among those in the affordable category. Just my two cents.